Attack of the Clones!

A recent project involved cloning a bra and making alterations for a better fit. The cups in the ready to wear bra, the gray and white bra pictured above, have a great fitting wire but the cups themselves are too large. The band is the correct size but is a bit too narrow. Both were corrected for in the new pattern while still maintaining the style lines of the original.

Part of cloning involves finding comparable materials, so for this assignment I used a stretch lace with similar properties for the exterior.

I also used similar lining, elastics and findings.

Now the clones are just multiplying in the studio!

Off to find some more stretch laces!