If your holidays are anything like mine, you are looking for last minute gifts. Right NOW! Preferably for things that will arrive before Christmas. Well, if you have a bra maker on your list, things just got easier for you! If you act fast, every item below will arrive before Sunday if you order in the next day or so. Easy, right?
If they want to learn how to make a bra:
- Demystifying Bra Fitting and Construction. Written by yours truly! I wrote this book to cover everything you need to know to sew and fit a bra. This book will get their bra making off to a great start.
- Bare Essentials: Bras – Construction and Pattern Drafting for Lingerie Design – Second Edition. This book is for the bra maker who wants to dive into drafting and modifying their own bra pattern. A starter pattern is included as well. This book is probably best for someone with some bra making experience.
- Pattern Making for Underwear Design: 2nd Edition. This book is all about drafting bras and other lingerie. This book is for the more advanced sewist who is very comfortable drafting patterns from scratch.
If they love sewing tools and gadgets, these items will make it easier to sew bras:
- Olfa 18mm Small Rotary Cutter. This is my favorite rotary cutter. So small and easy to handle, it is great for cutting out all those curves. Bonus, you can get replacement blades and/or a rotary cutting mat to go along with it! I keep a cutting mat next to my sewing machine for easy, last minute cutting.
- Gingher 6-Inch Applique Scissors. I use these for every bra I make. They are my favorite tool for trimming away extra fabric behind the first pass of elastic or for grading seams.
- Sulky Temporary Spray Adhesive. This air dissolvable temporary bonder is really helpful when working with multiple layers of fabric. I use this to temporarily bond lace over fabric so I can handle the two layers as one throughout the construction process. Definitely a must have for me.
If you just want to surprise them, get one of these fun extras:
- Clover Desk Needle Threader. I have become reliant on this needle threader to thread the Japanese hand sewing needles I love so much!
- Polar Notions Fabric Organizers. These have really helped me organize all my bra making fabrics. Just wind the fabric or lace around these plastic bolts and then stack or organize on a book shelf. Now I can see all my fabrics at a glance!
- Nippies Reusable Thin Silicone Nipple Cover Pasties. I like these for times when I want to keep my nipples invisible in a no-foam bra.
Now that a little bit more of your shopping is sorted you can relax and have a happy and healthy holiday season!
Disclosure: Please note that the links for books and equipment and supplies above are affiliate links. This means that I will be compensated if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through.