UPDATE: We hired a studio assistant to start working with us in April 2019! Thank you everyone for your interest in Orange Lingerie. I hope to have more opportunities available soon!
With ambitious goals for 2019 and beyond, we are looking to add to Team Orange! If you are interested in the Studio Assistant role described below and you meet the requirements, we definitely want to hear from you!
Orange Lingerie is a unique company whose mission is to get everyone who sews making their own beautiful and professional looking lingerie. Our high-quality product offerings, which include sewing patterns, instructional materials and workshops, aim to help the sewist discover and embrace their power to make their own garments. As the company grows, we are looking for a talented sewist to help us drive our business strategy forward.
Initially this role will be for 2 – 3 days (12 to 16 hours) a week with potential to expand based on performance and business growth. This position reports directly to our Founder and Creative Director and is best suited for an experienced sewist who is willing to take on new responsibilities and can work collaboratively in a dynamic setting in our South Boston studio.
This role is a unique opportunity to learn about independent sewing pattern companies and the myriad of activities involved in product development. You will help us build a dynamic, passionate, collaborative, transparent and successful organization based on our core values. Interpersonal chemistry will be a key component and the successful candidate should expect escalating levels of independence and responsibility based on performance.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ASSISTANT in the subject line of the email.
- Cut and sew garment samples
- Make pattern alterations
- Maintain design notebook
- Prepare and package sewing patterns
- Cut, prepare and package fabrics and notions kits
- Manage sewing pattern and materials library
- Manage supplies inventory
- Strong sewing skills, preferably including experience working with chiffon, charmeuse and stretch fabrics
- Experience making sewing pattern alterations
- Experience working with downloadable PDF sewing patterns
- Ability to work independently
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both written and verbal